One of the most popular types of home exercise equipment is the treadmill. It which provides a straightforward, efficient aerobic workout.
• It is a relatively easy to use.
• The treadmill has a predictable surface that is much easier to negotiate than sidewalks, curbs or trails and the risk of tripping is reduced.
• The user is able to control workout aspects such as speed, incline, warm up and cool down periods and energy spend.
• Enables a user engage in other activities such as watching TV and reading.
• Generally, users can design custom programs to fit the time they have to exercise.
• Some treadmills have special features such as step counters and heart rate monitors so fitness progress can be tracked.
• More calories are burnt while running on the treadmill.
• It is expensive.
• It provides limited exercise opportunities and gets boring at times.
• Some treadmills have loud motors that interfere with other activities.
• Treadmill maintenance requires professionals which is also expensive.
• Its usage requires professionalism to set the different levels of speed thus not favouring all users