We routinely use toothpaste to clean our teeth, but did you know that your regular tube can do so much more than merely clean teeth? The following tips and tricks will help you make the most of your toothpaste.
· Cleaning crayon and marker marks on walls and furniture – Children love to scribble on walls and furniture! To get rid of these marks, simply apply toothpaste over the stain and use an old toothbrush to brush the stain off.
· Dried up chewing gum – Another bad habit that seems universal to all children is sticking gum under the table, behind headboards of their beds and on other pieces of furniture. Just smear a layer of toothpaste over the gum and rub it in well. Leave it to dry and then, scrape it off with a blunt object.
· Removing rust from taps – Apply toothpaste to an old, wet toothbrush and scrub rusty taps and the surrounding area. Rinse with clean water and repeat if necessary.
· Cleaning sneakers (shoes) – Smear toothpaste on the white border of sneakers and the white part that usually covers the toes. Brush it off with a brush and they will look as good as new!
· To light wet match sticks – Have your match sticks got wet? Don’t toss them out! Just carefully pat them with a dry cloth and then rub a little toothpaste over the dark coloured tip. Strike against the dry edge of a match box!
Coffee and wine spills on carpets – Accidently knocked a mug of coffee or a glass of wine on to your carpet? Toothpaste to the rescue! Apply it on the stain and it will penetrate these stains. Brush off and your carpet will be as good as new!
· CDs and DVDs – Has your favourite music CD skipped parts of the song in the middle or is your DVD jumping scenes in the middle of a movie because of scratches? No need to worry! Spread a little toothpaste over one side at a time, gently wipe clean with a soft cloth and your problem like the scratches, will disappear!